Friday, July 18, 2008

It is over!!

Well my year of service is over. Our new vista has arrived and we have been trying to track down some furniture for her. I think we will get along pretty well. I am excited to start my new job. Jane has already started giving me odd jobs to do. Which is nice to know that I am needed. I got my airline tickets to Chicago. For once flying out of Kalispell I have a direct flight. That doesn't ever happen.

We started our third financial education class. Once again this group is different from the other. I think we might actually have a few drop outs and that is okay. We knew it would happen but we were just really lucky with the last two classes. This class is a lot easier to teach cause they actually participate in the class and give answers!!

TJ is on her way here as I type. They were just in Libby so she should be here in about an hour. Kyle is off to the big Montana 200 race. There are four cars on the team that he helps pit for, but yesterday was practice and they blew up an engine already. So now there is three. Tonight is time trials to see which lucky 12 will race tomorrow for $40,000. People come from Canada, Idaho, Washington, and Montana to race this weekend. Should be an interesting race, I am a little sad I am missing it. I will have fun though with TJ. Don't know what we are doing yet but I kind of want to go to Glacier and then even up to Big Mountain for the summer festival. So we will see what we can fit in with time. I haven't been up to Glacier since they finally opened the road to the sun. That only happened like the first of the month. Very late opening cause of the snow we had in June.

I need to figure out a new name for my blog since my AmeriCorp year is over. If you have ideas leave me a comment or tell me.

2 comments:

Sharlee said...

I like Life in Montana. CUTE LAYOUT

Sharlee said...

I love all your pictures