Friday, October 5, 2007

Traveling to Colorado



Well once again things have been pretty busy here. While everything is going on it doesn't seem like it is really that busy but then I look back on the past few weeks and realize where I have been and it is crazy.

First off I am 23 now and thanks to everybody who called, text, or left me message on myspace. My birthday didn't amount to a lot in the beginning. I spent the day in Denver finishing up a conference and then the night on a plane home. Although if nothing else I was very ready to be back in Montana. Kyle picked me up from the airport and when I got home I had roses and a gold heart necklace.

I spent 9 days in Colorado. My first stop was in Steamboat for a conference for four days. It was a conference for our area community action agencies. It was a great conference and I learned a lot. I also meet a lot of people that will be able to help me in the future and also meet some people from Oregon community action agencies. I also won the grand prize of 40,000 air miles. Where should I go?

At the end of this conference I had to go to Denver for another conference that started the next week. I drove over with our executive director and we went through the Rocky Mountain National Park. I will have to post a few pictures. We went up for 12,000 feet high. Felt a little like I was on top of the world and it was cold up there with the snow. The only animals I saw were some elk. One was actually sitting in one of the towns that we went through. He was just sitting in somebodies yard. I didn't get a picture so you will just have to believe me.






I found out the I am not made for big towns on my own. I had three days to run around in Denver. I couldn't really figure out the bus system. I figured out one bus that would get me to the 16th street mall so I could eat and look in stores because I didn't have a lot of money to buy things. This conference was on the volunteer income tax sites. It was a good conference but left a little overwhelmed with everything that I need to do in the future months to come.

Before leaving for Colorado, Kyle took me up to Libby. Saw so many turkey's even some baby ones. I will post some pictures. We went to some falls that were there and a suspension bridge that scared me pretty bad.

For the most part I think that is what I have been up to. I think I might actually be coming home next weekend if the weather holds. All day today at work everybody would come by my office talking about if it was snowing yet. I think the snow is on its way, it sure is cold enough for it. I am not quite ready, but I don't know that I will ever be very ready for it. I knew coming here it would snow so I guess it is time to face reality. So I will probably be seeing snow this weekend. It is already on the mountains and seems to be coming down closer and closer to the valley.

1 comment:

Sharlee said...

GRAND PRIZE???? 40,000 miles. When were you going to tell me? That is so freak'n cool!!!