Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A trip to Oregon

Well Kyle and I took off for Oregon on Friday afternoon. It made for a long trip but Kyle drove a good majority and while he drove I was awake and talked to him. Then we switched about Tri-Cities and he went to sleep and I had to drive in the quiet. The last leg was long. We finally got to my parents house about 2am.

Saturday morning we got up and were lazy for awhile. Adam came by before heading to work for the day. Kyle and I went over to my uncles to see how the things are going with his new house. Talked to them for awhile and then drove out to Silver Creek Falls. We felt like being lazy and didn't really feel like doing the hike. So we just looked at the falls from a distance. Kyle was more interested in trying to find the elk that my dad said were out there. Although we couldn't find them.

Saturday afternoon we went in and saw my grandpa. He is now in rehab. Slept most of the time we were there but when it was announced that dinner was served her woke right up!! We made the rounds in Salem and saw my aunts, uncles and grandma. Kyle meet a good percentage of my family and it wasn't that bad.

Saturday night spent some time with my brother. We went into Salem and went to a bar. Kind of weird when my brother can go to the bars with me!!

Sunday we got up early and headed to the beach. We drove to Newport, then down to Lincoln City. To go to the beach that just means shopping to me. Although Kyle actually seemed to enjoy the shopping also, he bought more then me. That could also be just cause he has more money then me!!

Sunday night we made a quick trip into town to see my friend Shar, Alex and her daughter. Ali did a lot of dancing but still didn't do the cutie dance!! She wore Kyle's shoes which were a little big but she didn't seem to mind!!

The drive home was long, but we stopped off and saw Kyle's dad and then got home pretty late to just unpack the car and crash into bed.

The next few weeks for work will be busy with all the work that needs to be done and looks like I might be out of the office for a few days to try to have a few tests done for some more medical stuff. But hopefully it will help me in the long run!!

2 comments:

Sharlee said...

I am so glad you are writing posts!!!! I love to read them. Keep at it!

Sharlee said...

Oh, and it was GREAT TO SEE YOU!!