Friday, November 16, 2007

First Snow

Yesterday we had the first sign of snow. It snowed while I was driving to work but it didn't stick. Maybe this weekend it will come and stick. It is cold enough for snow (at least I think so). Usually in Oregon if it was in the 20's it would snow but their is just not moisture I guess!!

This week we started advertising for the financial education classes. We opened up registration three days ago and already have 5 families signed up. Banks want to start telling customers but we are a little nervous about telling a whole lot of people because we feel like we are going to fill up pretty quickly this first class. We have habitat wanting to make it mandatory their families go through it and CASA wanting to send the kids aging out of foster care to it. So I think it is going to be pretty successful.

I am going to be teaching the children's education classes. Although so far I am not teaching anybody. Everybody that has signed up has little little kids. We wanted to have 8-13 years old in my class. We are shooting for like 15 families somebody has to have some elementary school kids.

I recruited 5 more volunteers for the income tax sites. As of right now I think we have enough volunteers to actually make some operation but I want more!! I have proved the people from the credit union wrong already. She even said she wished I was on her team. I am going to put fliers up around town and see if I get anybody that way!! We have till January before training starts.

In other news besides work. Kyle and I went to Libby. We almost had a nice big turkey for Thanksgiving. There was a huge Turkey and he jumped up on the guard rail and then flew into the road. We almost hit him. It was huge it would have hurt my car. On our way home we went the long way up to Eureka which is about 5 miles from the Canada border and back into Kalispell through Whitefish. We also went up to Big Mountain. There is a whole town up there for the ski resort. There was just a little snow up there but there is probably more just from the cold this week. It was a really pretty drive. I kind of want to go to Canada some time. We will see.

Not sure what the plans are for this weekend but maybe do a little Christmas shopping. Have to figure something out for my brother and Kyle? Although still has to be kind of cheap cause well I am poor!!

No comments: