Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was my first one ever not going to one of the grandparents house or at least being with my family. I stayed in Montana and spent Thanksgiving with Kyle's mom,brother, Aunt, Grandmother, and cousin. We went over just for the day. Kyle had to work Wed and Fri and were both very long days. Kyle's mom's boyfriend went hunting that morning and came back just in time for dinner with a huge dead elk. We still had turkey for dinner though.

I spent the rest of the weekend pretty much relaxing. Since Kyle worked Friday I actually got to sleep in. Till noon actually. Skipped the whole early morning shopping trips. I didn't think I needed to go shopping with all of the Montana drivers that can't drive on a normal day. We did end up going out later that night and getting some Christmas lights and a few decorations so I could decorate my apartment. I have lights in the windows and after tonight I will have a Christmas tree. One of my co-workers is letting me use her small 4ft tree. I am not really sure where I am going to put it but will find a place for it.

It is getting very cold. It has been in the 20s for a high and down into the single digits for a low. It snowed the other day only about a 1/2 an inch. Don't know when we will get more but it is just really really cold.

I have made train reservations for Dec. 21 and coming back on Dec. 28. Although I may not be taking the train now if my cousin Katrina is coming to visit me. Plans are still being worked out for that and if my brother will also be coming to visit.

As for work the financial education course is almost full. We have 13 families or spaces reserved. It has only been a few weeks with registration open!!

I finished my first class for my masters degree and got an A. So i have a 4.0 at University of Montana so far!! Now I just need to actually get into the unversity for the program.

No comments: